Thursday, October 21, 2010

HUM KHO GAYE HAIN - A letter from friend Francis Chamerlain

Dear Friends,

I was very touched by your story regarding the two children. I'm very glad you interceded on their behalf. Some years ago I met Ashok Agarwal, who kindly took me to a ragpicker slum and also described his legal work on behalf of disadvantaged children. I will be arriving in Delhi in two weeks (beginning Nov. 5) for a brief visit, (in part volunteering with ASHA, an NGO founded by Dr. Kirin Martin, which focuses on health care and educational services in many Delhi slum areas. Perhaps during that time I could meet with Ashok or a Social Jurist volunteer, even if very briefly, to catch up on the work of the Social Jurists as well as inquire about your fundraising approaches (though I remember Ashok saying that, regardless of funding, he is fully committed to doing the work).
At any rate, it's very impressive that Ashok now has volunteers working with him, for I'm sure the tasks facing the Social Jurist team are limitless. Warm greetings to you all, and my wishes that you continue to find success in your endeavors to help disadvantaged people.
With best regards
Francis Chamberlain

No comments: